Analysis of attractiveness
stores and the
visitor loyalty .
The context .
The Fnac/Darty Group, European leader in omnichannel distribution, was able to optimize its media strategies thanks to a study of the attractiveness of its stores and the profiling of its visitors conducted by Adot.
Our team of analysts, dedicated to manipulating data and interpreting it into concrete insights, has helped the iconic and popular brands that make the Group's reputation on 2 issues:
Analysis of Darty's store performance compared to competitors
Segmentation and profiling of Fnac visitors according to their loyalty level
Measuring in-store traffic for Darty and its competitors .
- First, we collected and aggregated the movements of French mobile users from June to December 2021, using our proprietary SDK.
- In a second step, we polygonized the walls of each of the analyzed buildings (Darty and competitors), and filtered the visits according to the time spent in store and the opening hours. This custom attribution window allowed us to count only real visitors and to extract employees and passers-by.
- In a third step, we centralized all these traffic data by teache, location and periodicity.
Finally, all of these insights gave the advertiser visibility into the most popular highlights and the differences in attractiveness according to the location of Darty stores.
These insights are key to decision-making and allow Darty to optimize its communication strategy by adapting its messages to seasonal and territorial factors.
Segmentation and profiling of Fnac visitors according to their loyalty level .
- As for the study dedicated to Darty, the protocol began with the collection and aggregation of the movements of French mobile users from July to January 2021.
- After polygonizing the walls of Fnac stores and competitors, we defined a custom attribution window to filter out qualified visitors who had made at least 2 visits over the 6 months of the study.
- Then a segmentation work was carried out and 3 profiles were distinguished:
- Loyal customers: visitors for whom Fnac accounts for at least 75% of their visits, compared to competing stores
- The committed customer: a visitor for whom Fnac represents between 50 and 75% of visits compared to competing stores
- The opportunistic customer: a visitor for whom Fnac represents between 10 and 30% of visits compared to competing stores
- Thanks to the exclusive Adot dataset, the marketing personas of these 3 customer typologies have been built with granularity: socio-demographic profile, consumption habits, media interests, places visited and travel.
Finally, these key insights have enabled Fnac to better understand and address these customers, according to their profile.
"The exclusive Adot dataset allowed us to understand in detail the Fnac "Opportunists" target, and to better identify the regions where Darty can gain traffic share", says Fakhredine Haddad, Media and Social Networks Manager at Fnac Darty. Fakhredine Haddad, Media and Social Network Manager at Fnac Darty.