Adot (formerly Adotmob) is a mobile-first cross-device marketing company that analyses exclusive online and offline data sources at scale to provide brands with powerful insights on their audiences for a more accurate media activation.
Adot works with trustworthy partners for personalized advertising intended for website and/or mobile application users, as well as with various technical intermediaries, in particular in connection with fraud or non-human activities identification services.
In the scope of its business, Adot is likely to collect and process your personal data, in order to offer you the best-suited ads for your profile.
Adot takes very seriously the protection of your personal data, and we collect and use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of both the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) and the French law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978.
WHICH DATA IS PROCESSED BY ADOT?
Personal data is defined by GDPR as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person”.
Adot (formerly Adotmob) collects and/or processes solely the following categories of data concerning your browsing, through tags (cookies) and/or equivalent technology, in particular from its partners, which record and provide to Adot:
Information in relation to the devices that you use:
– The type of device used (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.);
– The operating system of your device (iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry etc.);
– Information about your Internet service provider;
– The browser used (Safari, Chrome, Internet explorer, etc.);
– The advertising identifier linked to the operating system of your mobile device;
– The IP address of your device;
– The geolocation data of your device;
– Your language settings.
Information in connection with the advertisements that are delivered to you and, where applicable, that have been delivered to you:
– The URL and/or subject of the website or mobile application that you browsed/are browsing and where the advertisement is likely to be delivered to you and, where applicable, has been delivered to you;
– The details of the advertisement(s) that is, and, where applicable, has/have been delivered to you (identity of the advertiser, type of advertisement, etc.);
– Your behavior in respect of this/these advertisement(s) (time spent on advertisement, your clicks, if any, etc.);
– Your behavior in respect of this/these advertisement(s) (time spent on advertisement, your clicks, if any, etc.);
– The number of occurrences where you received the advertisement(s) delivered by Adot.
Information concerning you (age or age range, gender, presumed socio-professional category, presumed interests) linked to your web activity (depending on pages browsed, products viewed, searches made, etc.).
Furthermore, Adot collects and uses the technical user identifiers that are allocated to you by Adot and/or its partners.
These identifiers (that may vary depending on the browsers and mobile application environments that you use) are standardized by Adot in order to improve the relevance of the advertisements that are suggested to you, irrespective of the device that you use for browsing.
Adot does not process any sensitive data (religion, political views, health, sexual orientation, etc.) about you.
Information about your location
Only after your consent, either on the basis of GDPR or on the basis of the E-Privacy Directive, depending which case is applicable, has been collected directly by us or through one of our partners in their application, Adot receives data about the location of your mobile devices, for the purpose of targeting its advertising campaigns and for statistical analysis. This data is refined, qualified and kept only for a limited period of time under an identifying form, after which it is pseudonymized and used for statistical analysis.
You can exercise your rights regarding this data by withdrawing your consent directly in the applications with which we have partnered, which will prompt the deletion of data by Adot, or by writing to us as indicated in the below paragraph about your rights.
If you gave your consent for this transmission, information about your location obtained in the Vente-Privée application may be shared with the company PagesJaunes SA.
WHY IS YOUR DATA PROCESSED?
Adot (formerly Adotmob) collects your personal data with your consent for the purposes of providing you with relevant and personalized advertising, for products or services that are likely to be of interest to you, in particular depending on your browsing behavior and on the criteria listed above. Adot may place personalized advertising on the webpages or applications you browse through that are edited by publishers, based on the data collected with your consent.
The data collected is also used for reporting purposes, in order to provide Adot’s customers and/or partners with aggregated and non-personal information in connection with the performance of the advertising campaigns carried out by Adot.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
Adot (formerly Adotmob) works in cooperation with trustworthy partners in order to provide you with the most adapted advertising.
The data referred to above processed by Adot with your consent stem from i) advertising exchange platforms – that are linked directly or indirectly to website publishers and/or mobile applications – that collect and provide the data to Adot and on which Adot purchases in real time advertising spaces on behalf of its customers (advertisers and agencies) and that is delivered to you by Adot and, where applicable, ii) tags (“cookies” or similar files) placed on the websites and/or mobile applications of Adot’s customers or of the partners and/or of the third-party SDKs (Software Development Kits) placed on the applications of Adot’s customers or partners, or iii) the company Vente-privee.com, if you are a member and have consented to sharing your data with Adot.
WHERE IS MY DATA PROCESSED?
The data collected and processed by Adot (formerly Adotmob) is processed within the European Union.
Nevertheless, in the event that the relations of Adot with its partners would involve cross-border exchanges of personal data outside of the European Union (and in particular in the United States), Adot will ensure that such transfers offer a protection level in compliance with European requirements (by entering with its partners into the Standard Contractual Causes adopted by the European Commission, and/or by the adhesion of such partners located in the United States to the Privacy Shield).
HOW IS MY DATA PROTECTED AND STORED?
Security is at the core of the concerns of Adot (formerly Adotmob) that implements the appropriate technical and organization measures to preserve the security and confidentiality of this data and to protect it from any access, modification, disclosure or deletion by unauthorized persons.
Access to your personal data is strictly reserved for certain employees of Adot specifically appointed for such purpose in connection with their duties, and to technical partners of Adot who contribute to the provision of its services.
HOW LONG IS MY DATA STORED?
Adot (formerly Adotmob) stores your data for a maximum of thirteen (13) months following the date of their collection. Shorter durations are also implemented, to make sure data is not kept for longer than necessary in a form that identifies a person.
Location data is stored for 3 months, after which only pseudonymized data (without indirect identifiers, such as advertising identifiers) is kept, for statistical analysis.
A “cookie” is an IT file intended for the collection of information from your browser.
In connection with its advertising business, Adot (formerly Adotmob) uses various types of cookies, in particular:
– An advertising cookie placed by Adot on your terminal with your agreement, which allows to allocate you and/or detect your user ID generated by Adot, to collect all or part of the data set forth in Article 2 above and, where applicable, to determine whether you have been previously identified with one of the customers and/or partners of Adot, as well as your behavior in connection with the advertisements delivered by Adot;
– Web analytics cookies (such as Google analytics) (only on the Adot website).
The lifetime of such advertising cookies does not exceed thirteen (13) months.
You may access all of the information contained in the files related to the cookies used by Adot in compliance with the provisions of French law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978.
A “Device ID” is a unique identifier allocated by the operating system of your terminal in order to allow your identification through various applications.
You may access all of the information contained in the files related to the device IDs used by Adot (formerly Adotmob) in compliance with the provisions of law No. 78-17 known as informatique et libertés of January 6, 1978, in accordance with the terms set out in Article 10 below.
You may, if you wish, oppose the use of device IDs by Adot by following the instructions of the manufacturer of your terminal.
As an example, the instructions for Android and iOS are as follows:
– for Android: open the Google Settings (or go to “settings” and then “Google”) and select the “Advertising” section;
– for iOS: open the “Settings” and go into the “Privacy” section, then select “Advertising” and activate the « Limit Ad Tracking » function.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF THE DATA PROCESSED BY ADOT
You have, in respect of the data that concerns you that has been collected and/or processed by Adot (formerly Adotmob), rights to:
– opposing Adot’s various data processing;
– access such data;
– modify or correct it if you wish;
– limit the data processing;
– obtain their deletion;
– or ask for their portability.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Holder(s) of parental authority for under-age users, or legal representatives for persons subject to a tutelage measure, may also exercise such rights and be the addressees of resulting information.
The exercise of such rights shall be carried out by sending a request to Adot:
– Either by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
– Or by postal mail to the following address: 32 rue René Boulanger 75010 Paris.
As we only process indirectly identifiable data, we will need your personal identifier(s).
There are 2 types of identifiers, depending on your terminal:
– The cookie identifier that identifies you in a web environment;
– Your telephone’s identifier in an application environment.
Prior to making your request, you must therefore retrieve such identifier(s) as follows:
– In order to retrieve the cookie identifier, you may click on the following link: http://tracker.adotmob.com/privacypolicy?param=cookie and provide us with the retrieved identifier;
– In order to retrieve your telephones identifier, the procedure is different on iOS and Android:
– for iOS: you may download the application “The Identifiers” that will give you access to this identifier on your telephone by following this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-identifiers/id564618183?mt=8 ;
– for Android: you may directly retrieve your identifier in the settings of your telephone, by going into the “Advertising” section.
Any person concerned may also contact Adot in order to give it instructions as to what such person wants Adot to do with his/her personal data after his/her death (storage, deletion, transfer to a designated third party).
AMENDMENT OF THE POLICY
Adot (formerly Adotmob) reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time and without notice, in particular as a result of changes in the legislation in force or in the services offered by Adot.
We invite you to review this Policy on a regular basis on the website of Adot, in order to be informed of its possible amendments.
Should you have any question, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by postal mail, at
Data Protection Officer
32 rue René Boulanger